Today I baked a Swedish almond cake, because it is my birthday 🎉
I’m really into Sweden.
So I decided to make a Swedish recipe.
Are you curious how it tastes?
Let’s get stared!
The things you will need for one cake is:
– 1 tsp almond extract
– 2 eggs
– 150 gr (3/4 cup) vanilla sugar
– 50 gr (1/4 cup) regular sugar
– 100 ml (1/2 cup) almond milk
– 100 gr melted butter (1/2 cup)
– Zest of 1 lemon
– 1/4 tsp salt
– 2 tbsp almonds (for on top of the cake)
– 2 tbsp crushed almonds (for the mix)
– 160 gr all purpose flour ( 1 1/4 cup)
Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F)
1. Mix the regular sugar & vanilla sugar with the lemon zest.
2. Crack in one egg, mix. Add the other egg and mix it up until it’s well combined.
3. Now add in almond extract and salt.
4. Mix in the almond milk.
5. Than add the butter and mix.
6. Add your all purpose flour and mix it one more time.
7. Turn the crushed almonds with a spatula in the preparation.
8. Pour the batter into a greased cake pan and sprinkle almond slices on top. (I decided to make 2 mini star cakes and a regular one. But you can just pour everything in a regular cake mold)
9. Now let’s bake this yummy treat in de oven for 30 minutes.
Be sure your cake has cooled before turning out of pan.
Enjoy your delicious creation!
And thank you for reading my blog post.