Hello to you all
It’s almost Christmas time.
And I am really excited.
I love Christmas.
It’s the time of the year to spend more cozy moments with your family.
Last year, I made a Christmas cake and now I decided to share my creation with you.
It’s really easy and everyone will give you compliments like: ‘Waw, how did you make this?’
First things first:
Start with making a green cake.
How to do this?
- Make your favourite regular cake recipe (you can find mine at the bottom of this blog post).
- If your batter is ready, add in a few drops of green food colouring and pour it in a sheet cake pan. Now you can bake it in the oven.
- While your first cake is baking, prepare the batter for your second cake.
Your second cake is also going to be one that you like. (I made a chocolate cake. Hmm!)
Do not yet bake this one. Wait until your green cake is ready.
- When your green cake is ready, let it cool, than take a Christmas tree cookie cutter and cut out trees as much as possible.
- Let your Christmas trees harden in the freezer for an hour or two or until hardened.
- When your Christmas trees are hardened, take them out of the freezer.
- Pour a thin layer of your 2nd batter into a loaf pan.
- Place your Christmas trees in line.
- Now you can pour in the rest of the batter and bake your cake (follow your cake recipe for the duration and temperature).
Voilà ! Here you have your stunning cake!
Have a sparkling Christmas and a happy new year!!
My favourite classic cake recipe:
– 200 gr (1 cup) regular sugar
– 200 gr (1 cup) unsalted butter (soft)
– 200 gr (1 cup) all purpose flour
– 8 gr (1 tbsp) vanilla sugar
– 4 eggs
– A little bit of salt for the taste
Preheat the oven to 180°C (356°F).
1. Mix the sugar, vanilla sugar and butter.
2. Beat in the eggs (1 at the time)
3. Sift in the flour and mix until everything is well combined.
4. At last, add a pinch of salt and mix one more time.
5. To give your cake a colour, add in a few drops of the colour you like.
6. Bake in the oven for 50 min to an hour until it’s golden brown.
7. Let completely cool.